Home Forums Specific Topic Forums Seizures Pros and Cons of Various Seizure Meds – Prescription or Over the Counter (OTC) Reply To: Pros and Cons of Various Seizure Meds – Prescription or Over the Counter (OTC)

#1023 Score: 0
Deb B

Yes I have read the Crazy Meds site and it makes it seem like ALL the seizure meds have nasty, nasty side effects. I actually was at a point about 4 years ago where I was tapering off meds in hopes that I could quit using them altogether. Then, surprise!! New tumors. So, that’s no longer an option and my neuro just laughs when I ask why I have to take them. Scar tissue, tumors, you name it. I actually think that the seizure meds and their side effects are worse than the surgery itself was. It took me 6 months to recover from my crainiotomy, but I was bound and determined to get “back to normal”. And I am constantly mentally challenging myself at work to make the old brain work. But these meds make me really feel stupid sometimes — but then I think, hey, I have a very large “hole” where part of my brain used to be . . . I function just as well as other people with whole brains do. Haha.

Deb