Home Forums Specific Topic Forums Seizures Pros and Cons of Various Seizure Meds – Prescription or Over the Counter (OTC) Reply To: Pros and Cons of Various Seizure Meds – Prescription or Over the Counter (OTC)

#1031 Score: 0
Deb B

Well it seems like I’ll be switching to Keppra partly because there is a potential serious rash issue between Depakote and Lamictal (when they are used together, which is necessary to wean off one and onto the other). The Topamax just didn’t sound like what I wanted to deal with because of the mental issues. I need to be able to function at work, which is a very mentally challenging job. So, it’s Keppra. My neuro today told me that those things you wish to say to certain people when they irritate you or say stupid things, but you are able to “bite your tongue”, often come out on Keppra. He says you have a harder time on Keppra to watch what you say. He had one person he had to take off Keppra because they were getting into trouble at work. It always seems to be something. These AED’s are all nightmares. I will appreciate any helpful hints anyone can give me about handling Keppra side effects.

Deb