Home Forums Specific Topic Forums Seizures Pros and Cons of Various Seizure Meds – Prescription or Over the Counter (OTC) Reply To: Pros and Cons of Various Seizure Meds – Prescription or Over the Counter (OTC)

#1036 Score: 0
Jaime

I completely agree with all of your recommendations. I have to admit I have had 1-2 drinks on Keppra without any major effects. But I rarely do this and I would not recommend it as 1 drink on Keppra feels like 3. I also take a Vitamin B complex. Which brand do you take? I had a little of the behavior effects from Keppra, but only when I was on a higher dose. I am super sensitive to medication and usually can only handle a small dose. I noticed I was more impatient and a little “snappy.” I felt cranky. Once the dose was lowered I felt back to normal (whatever that is). My neuro recommended that I take the name brand Keppra ONLY because that is what I started on. According to her your body processes generic and name brand differently. She has no problem with the generic in general, she felt my body was used to the name brand and did not want to switch me in fear of less seizure control. The way I get around the fight with my insurance company is that she prescribes me Keppra XR, which there is no generic for. I know in the future this will be a battle, but it works for now.