Home Forums Specific Topic Forums Seizures Pros and Cons of Various Seizure Meds – Prescription or Over the Counter (OTC) Reply To: Pros and Cons of Various Seizure Meds – Prescription or Over the Counter (OTC)

#1044 Score: 0
Bonnie

Hi Deb, Jaime!

To respond to some of the questions in this discussion….

I take the generic form of keppra. 1500 mg 2X/day. I’ve been taking it for 2 1/2 years.

I just purchased a raw B-complex made by Garden of Life, Vitamin Code. I had tried a B complex by Nature Made and am unsure if it helped or not. It seemed to at first, then not sure. Will let you know how it goes.

I had earlier stated that I could not find a link between weight gain and keppra. Well, I have found many who have stated weight gain as a side effect from keppra. I searched further on the epilepsy forums, and, a website new to me, for providing info about various meds:

http://www.askapatient.com/

I did a search for keppra – many report weight gain – and other effects I experience. Several state a reduced dosage of keppra helped reduce/eliminate their symptoms. I plan to discuss reducing my dosage with my neuro, especially as my symptoms became more noticeable since my dosage increase.

Hope you both are doing well!
Bonnie ….sending : ))