Home Forums Specific Topic Forums Seizures Pros and Cons of Various Seizure Meds – Prescription or Over the Counter (OTC) Reply To: Pros and Cons of Various Seizure Meds – Prescription or Over the Counter (OTC)

#1058 Score: 0
Jaime

Deb,
The typical dose for Keppra is anywhere from 1000mg-4000mg. The highest I was on was 2500mg and I was miserable. On 1500mg I was much better with the side effects. I am super sensitive to all medication (even over the counter meds I take child doses). I started in 500mg of Keppra and went up as the seizures persisted. Now that I am on another medication as well, I was just lowered to 750mg of Keppra.
If you havent had seizures in years is there talk of eventually getting you off meds? My neuro said she would consider it after 2 years of being seizure free and a normal EEG. It doesnt count for me though because I have residual tumor.
I was told the vitamin B in the multi was not enough but it can be harmful to take too much. my doc said to find a vit B complex that is the closest to 100% needed, not much more. I have seen Vit B complexes that is like 5000% of daily needed, those are the ones I was told to stay away from. How is the Keppra working for you?