Home Forums Specific Topic Forums Seizures Pros and Cons of Various Seizure Meds – Prescription or Over the Counter (OTC) Reply To: Pros and Cons of Various Seizure Meds – Prescription or Over the Counter (OTC)

#1060 Score: 0
Bonnie

Hi Jaime,

I hope that you continue to be seizure and aura free – that’s great. Hopefully the off feelings, etc. are just due to the change in meds and will go away once you are fully on the Vimpat. Seems like med changes can cause temporary side effects – based on what others have said on the various forums.

I will not see my neuro until early October, and will wait until then to bring up the keppra dosage. I want to give the B vitamins some time to see how they affect me – plus I’ve been upping my exercise (I’m working to get back to my exercise levels pre craniotomy). So far, while it may be too soon to tell whether is due to the B vitamins, outdoor exercise or both – I am feeling better and have even begun to drop some weight as my clothes are getting looser.

I hope Beth changes the link to our seizures group back to “groups” (I wrote a note on the “wall”) – did you notice “groups” have become “social issues”?

Sending positive wishes for a smooth transition with your meds………Bonnie : )

PS – Hi Deb….the Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw B Complex I take has some higher levels of several of the Bs, but the dosage is 2 capsules (I note your Q re how much & Jaime’s response). Currently I take one capsule daily which puts me close enough to the RDA for most of them.