Home Forums Support and Opinion Forums Open Discussion Forum Trigeminal Schwannoma – Anybody have/had one of these? Reply To: Trigeminal Schwannoma – Anybody have/had one of these?

#1154 Score: 0
Michelle O

Hi Lisa: It’s been three months since I had my Schwannoma removed. I found out that there are those who are candidates for surgery and other that are a candidate for Gamma Knife. Of course, Gamma Knife is preferable if possible. I was told because of the size and location of my tumor, I was not a candidate for the less invasive Gamma Knife treatment. It was suggested to me to find a teaching hospital with excellent surgeons. I used the Internet to find surgeons who had published articles dealing with my specific diagnosis. I found that the University of Utah Medical Center offered me the best opportunity for successful surgery. John Hopkins is remarkable, but make sure you do your homework on the surgeons and choose someone with experience, should you need surgery. If anything, to add to your comfort level of being in good hands will help. Hopefully you will not and Gamma Knife will be an option.