Home Forums Support and Opinion Forums Open Discussion Forum What makes you cringe? What do you think is most misunderstood? Reply To: What makes you cringe? What do you think is most misunderstood?

#1210 Score: 0
Norry B

While I can understand how everyone feels about other people saying things like “at least it benign” I can also say that I think its a blessing for it to be benign vs. malignant. My niece, Jess, died of a malignant glio 06/04/09. She was 28 y/o. She lived for 2 and 1/2 years after diagnosis. I went to the E.R.(because I felt like I was drooling) two days after she died and was told that I needed to have a CT scan to rule out a tumor. A week later I had an abnormal scan then had an MRI that verified that I had an acoustic schwannoma that was 2-2&1/2cm. I will have surgery on 08/17/09. I am nervous and having surgery is scary, but I still feel blessed that it wasn’t malignant and wish everyday that Jess would have gotten that diagnosis. I also hope that I don’t offend anyone by my response because I don’t want anyone to think that I don’t feel like having a benign tumor is serious and it should be taken lightly by other people. Thanks, Norry