Home Forums Support and Opinion Forums Open Discussion Forum Who Are You?? Reply To: Who Are You??

#790 Score: 0
Kristen

Wow, hi everyone! First off I want to say thank you so much for creating this website! I am 24 years old and found out last year that I have a ganglioglioma in my brainstem, which is a benign, very slow growing tumor. However, the doctors say that it is inoperable due to its location. They think I have probably had it my whole life due to its size (they said its about the size of a toy car, except every doctor I went to said something different because it is odd shaped and hard to determine the size!)

I have been searching for some type of support but haven’t been able to find it. After coming to this site I was so excited!!! There actually are other people that have benign brainstem tumors!! Not that that is a good thing, I am very sorry that any of you have to go through this, but I don’t feel quite as alone. No, I don’t have cancer, but my tumor is not treatable, so I have to live with my symptoms for the rest of my life (unless they figure out how to get rid of the tumor).